Monday, February 22, 2010

End (of) Februrary!

feb18-3

feb18-2

feb18-1

dress - old navy ♥ belt - forever 21
tights - not sure ♥ shoes - payless

Our school sent out an email last night saying they we have exceeded our normal allotted snow amount - "and we are expecting more!" Thank goodness, it only rained all night instead of snowing! I'd much rather having the feeling of living in Seattle compare to the tundra of the Antarctica. Rain brings spring, and amongst the mud and little piles of snow, I noticed grass and flowering are starting to grow! Please, no more snow!

So I prepared for rain, but it turns out to be just a lovely spring day. My dress is new. Chambray is the new denim shirt, so I bought this one from Old Navy, and I'm not sure how a 'drop waist' dress is suppose to wear, and I wish I could just pull the tie out. Tieka inspired me for this ensemble. I can't help it! When I see her style her clothes - I think, I have something like that in my closet!! I can reciprocate! I have all the workings of an amazing wardrobe, just no idea how to wear it all. Ugh. But I've started a File called "INSPIRE ME!" of girl's outfit posts I see and try to use it as a basis for my outfit.

I had a great weekend with Jay. He is absolutely amazing. There's this picture of us at a party, in the background of a shot of some friends, and we're just holding each others faces, hehe. It's so adorable, and candid, and us. We're a great team. We celebrated our 22 Mensiversary (Month Anniversary) on Saturday with a bang. I love him so much.

P.S. I am so bad at getting my full body in the shot. You can't see the bun on my head or my shoes. Ack. I'll get better, I swear...

5 comments:

  1. That's exactly what I do! I have a huge folder full of outfits I think I can recreate within my own closet! I love your take on the outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress and the texture of the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sweet Sara,
    Thank you for entering the contest that beso.com sponsored on The Clothes Horse. We invite you to enter another contest we’re running where you can win pair of Hunter Boots. Our Style Director, Emily Schuman (of cupcakesandcashmere.com) is giving away 6 different pair. Check it out at: http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/

    Thanks again,
    Beso.com

    ReplyDelete